Brain breaks will be one of the most essential coworking perks of 2023. Brain breaks are short time intervals during the workday when employees can take a break from work and focus on recharging their minds. It is essential for employee productivity and well-being, as they help to reduce stress and prevent burnout. Coworking spaces should prioritize providing comfortable and inviting spaces where employees can take breaks and refresh themselves. Employees can stay energized and productive over the long term with the proper brain breaks.
- Libraries - Reading can help us focus better and give our brains a much-needed respite from distracting visual noise. Creating a library is one strategy to promote reading among coworking participants. If you're short on funds, consider finding used bookcases and placing them in your breakout areas.
- Deep breathing and yoga - Deep breathing can boost energy, reduce stress, and promote good posture in seconds. If you operate a coworking space, think about setting up an open-access bank of resources for deep breathing that members can use as needed. The practice of yoga has long been popular among coworkers, and it can sometimes be led in person.
- Local walks - It is well known that prolonged inactivity when working at a desk can cause physical and emotional exhaustion. By directing members to the closest green spaces, you can encourage them to incorporate activity into their daily schedule. Why not make a printed or digital map highlighting all the ways to green spaces?
- Imaginative prompts - Activities that require workers to utilize their intellect for something else at work may also give the brain a different kind of break. Creative prompts may offer worker relief from repetitive or, opposite, highly conceptual activities. Consider starting a collective writing project that participants can work on while taking mental breaks. Write the first sentence of a story in a notebook and place it in a breakout area so that others can add to it as they are motivated.
- Coloring books - The fact that adult coloring books are non-competitive is one of the best things, especially in the workplace. Take your time; people can work as swiftly or slowly as they like and complete as much as they like. Moreover aware, coloring encourages the individual to pay attention to the moment.