Learning to keep track of goals might be challenging, but it can be made simpler by utilizing a few straightforward tools and techniques. Discover which one best serves your needs and your goals, then follow it to see where it leads. Your goals might start to take care of themselves!
- Visualize the “Chain” - The idea is to mark the calendar (or your notebook or whiteboard) each day you stay on track and progress toward your goal, then keep going until your goal is attained. You'll feel more motivated and develop forward momentum if you keep your progress visible.
- Celebrate Your Wins - Don't forget to consider and recognize each step you take toward your goal as you begin to develop your chain. Knowing how far you've come can be a considerable incentive toward whatever you're striving to accomplish as you discover how to keep track of goals.
- Create a Reward System - Find a means to put some "bait" in your line of sight if creating your own rewards for the goal process will increase your motivation to continue. You'll be more likely to succeed when you have something to look forward to other than your goal.
- Find an Accountability Buddy - Invite someone you trust to check in with you daily, weekly, or monthly, ideally someone who shares your goals or understands success and progress. You might be amazed by how much you accomplish.
- Start Every Day at Zero - You'll see where you started and are going more clearly if you begin each day at "zero" rather than building on another number. Additionally, starting at zero increases motivation according to a phenomenon known as the "fresh start effect."